As seen by
Susan @ 11:27 AM
Thursday, March 17, 2005
Notes of Bobbie Houston's teaching -Hillsong Colour your world women's conference 2005
Her title is "Beloved daughter-- Let's get better."
The story she told was John Hagee's wife went down the stairs going to the kitchen, and she slipped and fell off the stairs and injured herself. She couldn't move so she yelled out,"John!!!! help!!!" John rushed out, with a gun pointing toward her(remember it's in Texas), so she creamed, "Please! don't shoot me! I'll get better!"
This has been a theme for Hillsong women also for this season.
1. Let's get better at loving God.
2. Let's get better at loving people.
Getting people home to heaven
3. Let's get better at identity, confidence, character.
focus on the truth, not the lies... your gift will never take you where your characgter can't sustain you.
4. Let's get better at wisdom, insight, revelation, understanding
5. Let's get better at changing the world
Bobbie felt that her calling is to gather the girls, creat an enviorment, lift the ceilings so that the greatness within you can come forth.
In the second session she continued with the title and gave more tips on how to become overcomers:
1. Do not devalue your femininity
It's God given, who are we to devalue and question His creation?
2. Loose the "them and us" mentality.
It's not competition, it's together. Seasoned identity, established identity is very attractive and workable.
3. I'm a women, hear me roar.
Good men quinge when women manifest. Are you a drama queen?
4. Decide to be a well of life or a well of death.
Eve actually means life spring. What will we be to the men in our world?
5. Decide will I be known for opening their spirit or closing their spirit?
Se can send them to their caves real quick. We can ruin their day, week or season or we can be a blessing.
6. Be content to fill the gap.
It's part of our mandate to be whateve is needed.
7. Understand that women are masterful of gathering.
Let true personality come out
8. Learn to be low maintenance
Men love working with low maintenance women and baggage free people.
She talked about stories of travelling with Brian, she was nearly traumatised trying to catch up with Brian. Once when Darlene travelled with Brian and Mark, she rushed so hard trying to catch up with Brian that she even forgot to get her luggage.
9. Become indespensible to detail
Women share infomation to get close, men don't. Stay sharp, men have very short concentration span.
10. Boys and girls play differently.
Tone it wisely when men are around. They can only cope it for so long. That's why men's conference is only 24 hours, cause they can't cope.
Back to Top
Back to Main Page