As seen by
Susan @ 2:02 AM
Thursday, November 04, 2004
Kingdom people busines tips-- Peter Harris
Jason sent me some business tips from a teaching at Hillsong church, which I think it's pretty cool. And here's the notes:
I found some notes that I took from a Kingdom People Business Edge night @ church on 13/5/04 by Peter Harris. You might get something out of this too -
We can't choose the home we are born into but we can choose how we live life.
Follow Jesus & all things will be added to you.
1 Cor 2:25
1. Influence determines your destiny. Your friends in life are a key to successful living.
Life is about making right decisions. If you want to make right decisions you need to make sure you have the right people around you.
Don't hang around people who talk down to you, encourage you to do illegal things in your business, avoid tax, etc
It's difficult to recover from a bad consequence.
2. Salt is in high demand.
People are looking for spicy people.
Steven Covey - The Circle of Concern "7 Habits of Highly Effective People"
Are you a positive person? Are you salty in your community?
If you are nice to someone, sometimes they are nice back!
3. It's not what you know, it's who you know.
Connect with people. Sense of feeling & unity.
We don't get into heaven because of what we know but who we know!
4. Life is about a higher calling, purpose & fulfilment.
Leave a legacy in your community.
Are you passionate about what you wake up for?
Get excited. Live life don't just go through life.
5. The difference between a man & a dog is that after you have fed them both, the dog won't bite you!
People will let you down-even in church!
Make a decision not to be unforgiving & bitter.
It will consume you. Don't seek revenge.
6. Loyalty & a tight mouth will serve you well.
Back your leaders. Be honest & transparent.
Honor confidentiality & respect others.
7. Wealthy & successful people hunt in packs.
A network working collectively to win wealth.
Life long relationships that connect. Maximise opportunities.
Amazed that these groups are not happening more in church life.
8. It's good to focus on priorities.
Who has completed a "to do" list in a day?
Stop being busy & ask "what is important?"
Re-design your life.
Think strategically. Use time wisely.
Plan for tomorrow.
Your answer lays in what you have now.
Maximise it - make it stronger.
Make sure today works.
9. Trust God.
If you are obedient to Him, He will protect & preserve.
10. Doing something extraordinary often breaks the cycle.
If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got.
11. Know & live within your boundaries.
Helps with decision making. Set boundaries re: corruption, fraud, ethics.
If a frog is put in cold water & the water is heated slowly, it doesn't know when to jump out.
12. Generosity makes you likeable & magnetic.
Not just money.
Bless, help & be generous in spirit & nature.
Go the extra mile.
Simple idea - smile & thank the toll booth attendant.
Catch yourself smiling.
13. Get mentored by successful people.
Is your financial advisor wealthy?
You need to know when to move on.
14. Connect & participate in your local community.
You need them more than they need you.
You need someone to celebrate & cry with.
15. Turn up the music!
16. Deals are easy & sleep is fleeting.
Take reality checks on deals.
Enjoy your family.
Do the less well!
17. Become a seeker of the unknown.
Do I know everything in the universe?
Read. Get challenged. Expand
Back to Top
Back to Main Page